As a part of The MENTOR Network, REM Minnesota’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing community-based care for more than 40 years. Learn more about our job openings in Minnesota and around the country.
Public policies change. Regulations shift. Care models evolve. In a human services environment of ongoing change, quality is our constant. REM Minnesota’s commitment to quality permeates every aspect of the organization.
Our Quality of Care Standards provide the framework through which we translate vision into action. They are our blueprint for quality, the guidelines we use to run our programs and train our staff. Through them, we are accountable to all our stakeholders, most importantly to those in our care. REM Minnesota provides:
- Person-Centered Orientation in Planning and Service Delivery: REM’s services reflect the individual’s preferences, goals and unique needs. Our job is to maximize opportunities for success.
- Community Inclusion and Socialization: We work with the individuals we serve to develop and maintain family connections and friendships, to access community resources and to participate in community affairs.
- Integration of Health Care Services: Comprehensive mental and physical health and dental care are necessary to maintain optimal health.
- Coordination of Services: REM coordinates services and establishes collaborations to optimize the individual’s ability to prosper in the community.
- Personal Safety: Our homes provide safe and secure environments for the individuals we serve.
- Respect for Individual Rights and Dignity of Risk: REM offers support for individuals seeking to exercise their rights, make choices and accept personal responsibility.
- Vocational and Educational Supports: REM seeks out meaningful work, productive activity or appropriate educational opportunities for those we serve.