Services in Your Community
We have programs throughout the state that help individuals of all abilities build increasingly rich, independent lives in the communities they call home.
Services of Less than 24/7 Supervision
REM Minnesota is uniquely positioned to serve individuals with a variety of needs with innovative program offerings. Descriptions follow for some of these program offerings:
Individuals who require sporadic or less than 24 hr supervision while they live more independently in the community:
- In Home Hourly Supports/Independent Living Services: Services that develop and maintain the community living skills and community integration of the person.
- Housing with Services: Providing health related or supportive services that enable an individual to continue to live in the community with limited supervision and supports.
- Semi Independent Living Services: Services include training and assistance in managing activities of daily living such as finances, meal prep, shopping and personal cares.
- In Home services for families:
- Support Services: Training of family members and the individual to increase the capacity to care for and maintain the person in the family home.
- Parenting Supports: One or both of the parents in the home has an Intellectual Developmental Disability or related condition that would benefit from parenting support and education to avoid issues of neglect or abuse.
Funding for these services is generally through state or county dollars such as waivers and SILS funds.
Contact Chrissy Tauber, Regional Director, for more information at 651-644-7680 or email@example.com