As a partner of The MENTOR Network, REM Minnesota has access to the nation’s best thinking in health and human services and a successful track record of providing services for adults and children in home- and community-based settings.
Autism Spectrum Disorders Services
REM Minnesota believes that all people deserve the opportunity to live as independently as possible in their communities.
REM recognizes that each person with an ASD has unique strengths and areas requiring supports. As a result all programs are customized to better strengthen and support those needs using evidence based best practices.
- Facilitated Social Skills Groups
- Special summer day camps for children
- Individualized supports customized to your family’s needs
- Teaching strategies that incorporates leading-edge autism research and practice
- Using visual structure specific to the person’s needs
- Utilizing current technology, PDA, IPOD touch devices
- Social skills instruction
- Social stories, power cards, cartooning
- Teaching abstract language concepts
- Sensory integration, Sensory Rooms
- Assisting with specialized/modified diet needs
- We create safe and secure home environments enabling individuals to establish meaningful social and vocational connections in their community.
- Dignity and respect are given to the needs, values, and characteristics of the individuals and their families
- REM works in partnership with the individual, their family and other members of the team to strengthen skills that foster increased independence and autonomy.
- Our experienced staff has significant autism expertise and is provided on-going leading-edge training
- Regionally trained Autism Specialists
- Regionally trained Behavioral Specialist
- Hourly In-Home Supports
- Less than 24-hour Supportive Community Living
- Transition Services
- 24/7 Community Living
- Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF)