We specialize in serving adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and creating person-centered programs that combine personal choice and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability.
Brain Injury Services
At REM Minnesota, we are committed to providing high quality supportive living programs and innovative support services to address the physical, cognitive, social, emotional and behavioral needs of people with brain injuries. We are committed to helping the individuals we serve build skills, develop self-esteem and actively participate in the community through services including:
- Supportive living programs
- Hourly support services
- Active treatment transition services
- Specialized care options for dual diagnoses, such as brain injuries combined with mental health, chemical dependency or high need behaviors
We create safe and secure home environments in which individuals can establish meaningful social and vocational connections in the community, as well as develop skills that foster increased independence and autonomy.
- Long term group residential housing
- Individualized programming
- Community integration
We provide our staff with extensive training and certification to address individuals’ specific needs and challenges, in a manner that emphasizes compassion, fosters personal growth and ensures personal dignity.
- In-house Certified Brain Injury Trainers
- More than 80 Certified Brain Injury Specialists
- Regional Directors based in 11 regions throughout Minnesota
- All REM staff receive comprehensive training in understanding and interacting with individuals with brain injuries
We work in partnership with case managers, counties, hospitals and health care organizations to apply knowledge, leverage resources and identify proactive approaches on behalf of individuals with brain injuries and their families.
- Social workers and case managers in all Minnesota counties
- Health care professionals in hospitals and rehabilitation facilities
- Other community organizations serving the needs of people with brain injuries
If you would like more information about our brain injury services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org